Social icons

Source: www.philipstown.info
So for those who have asked me time and time again, 'Where is your next blog post?' yes, I suck. 
I really will attempt to maintain consistency! I've got a few things I'd like to share with whoever is ready to listen (or read) that I have learnt and experienced during my little hiatus from blogging. 

So lets start it off this way; have you heard William McDowell's 'Withholding Nothing'? I strongly want you to listen to the heart poured into the lyrics. 
"I surrender all, to You. 
Everything, I give to You. 
Withholding nothing. 
Withholding Nothing".
I was touched by the words to this song for months, I sang it any and everywhere. Sang it with so much 'conviction' and decorated it with pretty ad-libs. I had surrendered it ALL...or so I chose to believe. 

I dreamt of this plot of land one night. The ground was uneven, the buildings erected were tall, dirty and run down, they honestly looked ready to collapse any minute. In short, this piece of land was a mess! I saw a light come upon this plot of land and some of the buildings came crashing down, but the rubble was still there, some buildings swayed violently but didn't totally collapse. 
That plot of land represented the current state of my heart. The buildings represented the negative words that I had allowed myself to buy into, the ideologies of the world that I had accepted as sovereign truth, the hurt, anger and deceit that I had refused to let go of. The light, was the effect of accepting Christ, bringing light into a place of darkness. 
So I now have this freedom in Christ...I've accepted Him into my life and this bright light of salvation exposing to me the things in which I still need to let go of in order to be rebuilt, healed and made new, I still held on to certain parts of myself that were too painful to give up, accept, deal with etc. My worship was just a song. 

The sad part is, that is the current state of many Christians today. "Sure I surrender all...except my addiction to ______, I can't let that go just yet...Yes Lord, I give myself away, but I can't forgive ____ that apology wasn't even convincing..." and so on. 
You can live like that, really you can. But it is a lukewarm type of Christianity [Revelations 3: 15-16], the fruit of which is not the life of abundance that Christ purposely laid Himself down as a sacrifice for us to have [John 10:10-11]. He is looking for those who are available, not just in body but in spirit. Do not be weighed down with junk!

I won't tell you it is an easy thing to do, looking inwardly and bringing up things you've hidden for years, things you've taught yourself to overlook or forget, ugly secrets and thoughts, but please believe it is so worth it. It doesn't happen overnight, it's a process that will hurt, a process that will change you, heal you and remould you, it is all for the better. What will grow on that clean land is better.

R E F L E C T: What areas in your life do you struggle with? What areas do you struggle to let go of? This can be anything, a relationship, a habit, a mindset etc. Write it out, dig deep. Then take it into prayer. 

Guys, there is such a serene beauty in TRULY surrendering, casting all care and burden to the only one able to heal you and give you rest. Don't rob yourself of that rest. Don't let your worship be just another song. Let God in to make all crooked foundations straight, 


Jeremiah 31: 4
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;

    I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
I will build you up again,
    and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt.
Again you will take up your timbrels
    and go out to dance with the joyful.
I'm inviting you all to a youth event in London this Friday - Sunday. All details are below, if you have any further questions regarding the event or anything else, feel free to email me (ceeinivory@gmail.com). 



As always, I'm praying for you and I believe in you. 


Cee x 
Twitter: @Ceeinivory
Instagram: @Ceeinivory

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Slider

About Me

My photo
This blog is a working progress, like me. Join me on the journey... Inspiration & Lifestyle Find me on twitter: @Ceeinivory