But alongside being a 'giver' is the natural need to feel like your efforts are appreciated. I don't expect to be reimbursed...but I believe a simple 'Thank You' goes a long....long way.
Over the last few months, I've felt somewhat unappreciated. To put it simply...it sucks. Here is the very simple reason why:
Humans are ungrateful!
Shocking, I know, but it is what it is. We have the tendency to forget what we have and moan, complain and demand better...or in some cases, what the next person has (even if what we have is better suited to our needs) because the grass is ALWAYS greener. And the same thing goes for when we are blessed with people who are constantly doing good for us. We look past what they have done, and kick up steam about what they haven't done. I catch myself doing it from time to time.
Reason: The world would be even more of a messed up place if nobody looked out for anyone other than themselves.
Karma is real people! You reap whatever it is you sow.
Luke 6 says it best:
35-36 “I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You’ll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we’re at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.
Post a Comment